Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Contemplating


In my last post, I've mentioned that I'm starting to get back to my usual  rhythm of blogging but last week  I somehow managed to get a job and has started working for a few days now. I'm quite worried because I really don't want to quit blogging but I'm also not sure if I could manage to update my blog regularly.  *Sigh* I'm really thinking things out. For now, I would really try to hang on as much as I can, so please  bear with me :-)



Guava Bars


Guava Bars
recipe adapted from : Dulce : Desserts in the Latin-American Tradition

 
200 g butter
310 dark brown sugar
140 g rolled oats
215 all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup guava paste*

Preheat the oven to 325 F.

With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Continue mixing until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, but is still crumbly, about 5 minutes.

Grease a 9x9 square  and dust with flour, or line the bottom with parchment paper. Press half of the dough firmly and evenly across the baking sheet. In a clean bowl with clean beaters, beat the guava paste on medium speed until light and smooth, about 3 minutes.

Spread the guava paste over the dough and, using your fingers to break up the remaining dough, dot the top of the cookies with the dough pieces. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let cool for at least 15 minutes, then cut into bars.

*For the homemade guava paste, I only used 1 cup sugar/ 1 cup guava pulp. I used seedless guavas from Malaysia

5 comments:

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Anne, I understand your dilemma! I share the exact same sentiments...I will love to continue blogging, but sometimes no choice, updating my blog has to take a backseat...don't worry too much, just update as and when you have the time and inspiration ;)

ChichaJo said...

These sound absolutely delicious! Can I used guava jelly instead of guava paste? :)

I blog with a full time job and I find it easier when I don't pressure myself to blog too much. Blogging is such a fun hobby and something I truly enjoy and I wouldn't want to give it up -- after all, no matter how busy we are, we still have some time for a few hobbies right? :) I try to blog once a week but not worry to much if I don't get to it :) Hope you keep blogging! You are such a good baker!

Glad to hear you and your family are better!

Anne said...

Hi HHB! I now have little time to update my blog, since whatever extra time I have I would usually devote it to my family :-)

Hi Jo! I think guava jelly would also work with these recipe.

Haven't work for 12 years so it's quite an adjustment for me. I try to bake at least once a week but there is little time for me write a post. I love my blog so I'm really hoping I could work things out :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne!
I know how hard to live abroad without a helper.Im also having a hard time adjusting to our new life here in Canada. We sometimes think of going back to Manila. You can update your blog once a month or once every 2 months just don't quit blogging!

Divine

Anne said...

Hi Divine! I do hope so :-)